Meet the Coach
Profile: Coach Ted Jaleta
- Respected coach and mentor to many highly successful athletes.
- Coached track and field and cross country at Excel Athletika (formerly known as Regina Wheat City Kinsmen Track & Field club) from 1991 - 2003.
- Coach of the University of Regina Cougars Track & Field and Cross Country men’s team from 2003 - 2007.
- Coach of the Jaleta Pacers from 2007 to present.
- Certified Level 2 Distance Coach.
- Also facilitates wellness clinics for community and sport groups.
- Ted has competed at a high level as an athlete and holds several provincial and Canadian national records.
- Holder of Canadian National Masters Half-Marathon record (1:05:54) 1997.
- Ranked 7th in the world (Masters Division) for distance running by Runner’s World Magazine in 1997.
- Awarded SaskSport Master Athlete of the year in 1997.
- Recipient of numerous athletic and community awards for positive contributions.
- Inducted into the Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Recipient of the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal 2002.
- Diversity Ambassador for Canadian Summer Games 2005.
- Recipient of the CRA Award of Excellence 2006.
- Award-winning book Never Give Up: Ted Jaleta's Inspiring Story by Deana Driver 2006.
- Recipient of the Toastmaster's Helgi Goodman Award 2009.
- Awarded Honorary Doctorate Degree from the University of Regina 2014.
- In February 2017, the City of Regina added "Jaleta" name to the list of future street names in Regina.