The Jaleta Pacers is a performance-oriented distance running club with diverse membership and all different levels of ability. Members join to qualify for the Boston and New York City Marathons, to improve their running times and to establish a fitness routine. The Pacers train throughout the year.
Jaleta Pacer's Mission Statement
The Jaleta Pacers’ mission is to enhance the well-being and quality of life of Saskatchewan citizens and increase the opportunity for children, youth, families and the community through a challenging and inclusive running program and a strong community engagement donation strategy. The Jaleta Pacers’ donation strategy is to strengthen the capacity of our community by increasing community development, inclusion and leadership of Saskatchewan children and youth and increase the opportunities for physical activity and overall well-being of our community.
Giving Back to the Community
The Jaleta Pacers are not just a group of runners; they are also a group of dedicated individuals committed to fostering vibrant, sustainable and inclusive opportunities in Regina, Saskatchewan and contributing to the overall quality of life in our community. By actively participating in various fundraising events such as the Royal Road Race held annually in partnership with the RCMP Training Academy, the Jaleta Pacers’ donation strategy is to strengthen the capacity of our community by increasing community development, inclusion and leadership of Saskatchewan children and youth and increase the opportunities for physical activity and overall well-being of our community. Since 2009, the Jaleta Pacers, including the Royal Road Race have raised $176,367.00 for charities. To understand how to qualify as the Jaleta Pacers’ charity, please refer to this link
Ten Great Reasons to join the Jaleta Pacers:
- Train with a diverse group of supportive runners in the Regina area.
- Year-round performance-oriented group training programs provided for beginners to experienced runners for distances between 5 km to marathon length.
- Customized training programs designed to meet your personal goals (e.g. to qualify for the Boston Marathon).
- Meet new friends and running partners on scheduled long runs with distances and paces to suit runners of all levels.
- Opportunity to join other Pacers on relay race teams.
- Organized attendance at out-of-town race events.
- Planned social events for members and their families.
- Preferred client discounts at participating stores (e.g. 15% discount at Track and Trail)
- Opportunity to purchase special Jaleta Pacers running wear.
- Opportunity to participate in fundraising activities designed to give back to the community (e.g. serve as a volunteer in the organization of the annual Royal Road Race).